Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Witchy Woman



Wow, I have been looking for a copy of this photo for 13 years now. It was taken by Christopher Makos in 1984 for Interview Magazine. My friend Veronica just called me out of the blue saying she had found it. Thanks Veron! By the way, that's me with my familiar Angel. Ah, those were some days and my most witchy of periods.

Here is the full page and next to me is the Master Astrologer and Tarot Reader Peter Conte aka Lord Baldr, one of my witchy cohorts from the old Enchantment days.



















The text reads NEW ORLEANIAN WITCHES! WITCH BARBRA HOOVER TOLD IN. "WITCHCRAFT IS FOR THE COMMON GOOD-THE BALANCING OF NATURE AND IT'S EFFECT ON AN ENVIRONMENT-AT 'ONE-MENT'...IT'S A SCIENCE AND A RELIGION, A SCIENCE OF HERBS, OILS AND TALISMANS, AND A RELIGION BASED ON CYCLES INFLUENCED BY NATURE"; BALDR, AKA PETER CONTE, IS A NAVY VETERAN WHO TAUGHT ENGLISH AT HUNTER COLLEGE, PRESENTLY, BALDR WORKS WITCHCRAFT AT ENCHANTMENTS. A TAROT CARD READER AND ASTROLOGER, SCORPION BALDR WAS BORN IN MUNICH, WEST GERMANY. GROOMING BY BRAD BOLER: LADY VENUS, AKA LEXA ROSEAN, IS A THIRD-DEGREE HIGH PRIESTESS AND WITCH, PSYCHIC ABILITIES INCLUDE: TAROT, CRYSTAL HEALING, SNAKE CHARMING AND ASTRAL TRAVELING. SHE IS, OF COURSE, PERFECT AT VENUSIAN ASPECTS OF MAGICK. GROOMING BY BRAD BOLER. LADY VENUS' AND BALDR'S ROBES COURTEST OF DARLENE MARGETA.

4 Comments:

Blogger Dawn Wilson said...

Congrats on that! Even though this comes awful late. It's a good picture. Glad your friend found it. :)

August 28, 2006 2:45 AM  
Blogger Mo and The Purries said...

I can't believe I remember this layout in Interview magazine!
I was a senior in HS, thinking "I'm the only 'different' person out there".
wow -- thanks for the trip down memory lane.
just found your site via Bestest Blog.
I'll be back!

August 31, 2006 5:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a really cool photo - I love the expression on your face ... No wonder you're happy to have it again!

February 06, 2007 2:31 AM  
Blogger Bestpsychichealers said...

Thanks for your great information, the contents are quiet interesting.I will be waiting for your next post.
Psychic Tarot Reader in Toronto | Indian Astrologer | Best Psychic readings Near Me

May 02, 2019 6:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home